The Student Room Group

Trying to stop being a coward and make a male friend

So for the past 3 weeks or so I have been making eye contact with this year 13 boy. At first I thought it was by coincidence, but then it was happening to often and I would cross him in the hallways or when Im walking around the sixth form block he would be there. I still thought it was nothing but then I thought God doesnt do coincidences. Idk but every time I see him I just get these sensations its crazy. Tbh idk if he doesit on purpose but I havent spoken to him fully and I've been trying to get "closer" to him, but nothing yet. I do want to seek a friendship with him, cause he seems like a nice person but idk. Does anyone have any advice of how i should approach him? cause I'm scared of getting rejected or just humiliated:/
(edited 10 months ago)
Hey there!

It's interesting how those little moments of eye contact can start to feel significant, right? It sounds like you've been crossing paths with this year 13 boy quite frequently lately, and it's got you wondering if there might be something more to it. Trusting those instincts can be a powerful thing.

If you're interested in getting to know him better and potentially forming a friendship, it's totally understandable to feel a bit nervous about approaching him. Rejection or feeling embarrassed is a common fear, but don't let that hold you back. Taking a chance and putting yourself out there can lead to amazing opportunities.

One approach you could consider is finding opportunities for casual interactions. Since you often cross paths in the hallways or sixth form block, you could start by exchanging a friendly smile or greeting when you see him. From there, you can gradually build up to initiating conversations about shared interests or school-related topics. It's all about taking small steps and allowing the friendship to develop naturally.

Remember, he might be feeling similar uncertainties or even be interested in getting to know you better too. So, don't be afraid to take that first step. Be genuine, be yourself, and approach him with kindness and a friendly attitude. You never know where it might lead!

Lastly, don't forget to be patient with the process. Building connections takes time, and it's important to respect his boundaries and comfort level as well. Good luck, and I hope this blossoms into a wonderful friendship for you!
Reply 2
Original post by WhoStoleMyName?
Hey there!

It's interesting how those little moments of eye contact can start to feel significant, right? It sounds like you've been crossing paths with this year 13 boy quite frequently lately, and it's got you wondering if there might be something more to it. Trusting those instincts can be a powerful thing.

If you're interested in getting to know him better and potentially forming a friendship, it's totally understandable to feel a bit nervous about approaching him. Rejection or feeling embarrassed is a common fear, but don't let that hold you back. Taking a chance and putting yourself out there can lead to amazing opportunities.

One approach you could consider is finding opportunities for casual interactions. Since you often cross paths in the hallways or sixth form block, you could start by exchanging a friendly smile or greeting when you see him. From there, you can gradually build up to initiating conversations about shared interests or school-related topics. It's all about taking small steps and allowing the friendship to develop naturally.

Remember, he might be feeling similar uncertainties or even be interested in getting to know you better too. So, don't be afraid to take that first step. Be genuine, be yourself, and approach him with kindness and a friendly attitude. You never know where it might lead!

Lastly, don't forget to be patient with the process. Building connections takes time, and it's important to respect his boundaries and comfort level as well. Good luck, and I hope this blossoms into a wonderful friendship for you!

THANK YOU SO MUCHH, i will take this in my mind whenever i see him I have been waiting for a moment where I can speak to him and I will remember what you have said in to account<333. Bro, i never knew i needed this advice thank you again. Hope you have a lovely day xx
Reply 3
Original post by ilovefilms
So for the past 3 weeks or so I have been making eye contact with this year 13 boy. At first I thought it was by coincidence, but then it was happening to often and I would cross him in the hallways or when Im walking around the sixth form block he would be there. I still thought it was nothing but then I thought God doesnt do coincidences. Idk but every time I see him I just get these sensations its crazy. Tbh idk if he doesit on purpose but I havent spoken to him fully and I've been trying to get "closer" to him, but nothing yet. I do want to seek a friendship with him, cause he seems like a nice person but idk. Does anyone have any advice of how i should approach him? cause I'm scared of getting rejected or just humiliated:/

I would say, if he’s a real man, he’ll approach you. Always.

Moreover he’s in Year 13 and is leaving soon, so don’t fall for someone who you will only know for a few more months x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending