The Student Room Group

Why is my maintanance loan so low

Hi, I'm applying student finance for a maintanance loan, last year my parents had no problems with my brothers application. This year he will be in his second year and I will be in my first. However the letters I and my brother recieved a few days after applying only gave the amount everyone is entitled to. A friend at school was in a similar position a coulple weeks before this and rang up she was instructed to get her parents to fill out another form and attach it as evidence on her application, in just over a week it had been amended. Me and my mother rang student finance, who informed us the reason we were not entitled to any thing else because our anual ousehold income was in the hundred millions. Our annual household income is about 43 grand altogether. We were told to pretty much do what my friend did and so we did. My parents are adamant they filled it in right the first time, and I witnessed it the second. Yet about a week later my brother and i got another letter each and it again doesnt contain any further loan then the base loan. It's been about a week since then. The 4 grand would not cover my accomadation let alone food and travel and my parents cant afford to do anything of the sort, especially as I have another brother in GCSE year to support. Why is my loan so low?
Note that it takes 6-8 weeks for them to reassess new evidence - however SFE aim to approve everyone for at least the minimum if they are entitled as soon as possible, so as to ensure everyone has something to start with. I expect they are still assessing the new information your parents sent and will send an updated loan entitlement letter in the future.
Original post by Random14digits
Hi, I'm applying student finance for a maintanance loan, last year my parents had no problems with my brothers application. This year he will be in his second year and I will be in my first. However the letters I and my brother recieved a few days after applying only gave the amount everyone is entitled to. A friend at school was in a similar position a coulple weeks before this and rang up she was instructed to get her parents to fill out another form and attach it as evidence on her application, in just over a week it had been amended. Me and my mother rang student finance, who informed us the reason we were not entitled to any thing else because our anual ousehold income was in the hundred millions. Our annual household income is about 43 grand altogether. We were told to pretty much do what my friend did and so we did. My parents are adamant they filled it in right the first time, and I witnessed it the second. Yet about a week later my brother and i got another letter each and it again doesnt contain any further loan then the base loan. It's been about a week since then. The 4 grand would not cover my accomadation let alone food and travel and my parents cant afford to do anything of the sort, especially as I have another brother in GCSE year to support. Why is my loan so low?

Hi there, what dte did your parents send the new PFFF2 form to support your application? Thanks, Karen
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, what dte did your parents send the new PFFF2 form to support your application? Thanks, Karen

22nd of april
Original post by Random14digits
22nd of april

Based on our current processing timescales the team should be back in contact with you around 11/05. Our timescales are estimates and are subject to daily change. Once it has been reviewed the team will be back in contact with you.
You can view the estimated date for this to be reviewed on your online account under the application tracker. You can find out how to view this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a4p4IP1lzo

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending