The Student Room Group

Insecure about my face

I gained a bit of weight (quite a bit) and it has led to fat being build up in my face. It makes my face look swollen, and causes my eyes to look further apart from each other. I'm 19 y/o.
I understand your insecurity about your weight as it is a human thing and it is one of those things that fluctuates. It's important to remember that everyone's body and face shape changes in both positive and negative ways. Insecurities are not something we can switch off, but we can take steps to build back confidence. In your case I suggest the following:

Focus on overall health: Instead of solely concentrating on your face, prioritize your overall well-being. Engage in regular physical activity, maintain a balanced diet, and ensure you're getting enough sleep. These factors contribute to your overall health and can support weight management.

Seek professional advice: If you're looking for specific guidance on weight management and facial appearance, consider consulting a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian. They can provide personalized advice based on your unique circumstances and help you establish healthy habits.

Facial exercises: Some individuals find that facial exercises can help tone and strengthen the muscles in their face. Consult with a professional or do some research to find exercises that are suitable for you. However, keep in mind that results may vary, and it's essential to approach these exercises with caution.

Embrace self-acceptance: It's crucial to remember that physical appearance doesn't define your worth or beauty as a person. Focus on cultivating self-love, confidence, and acceptance of yourself as a whole. Surround yourself with supportive friends and family who appreciate you for who you are.

Remember, everyone's body goes through changes, and it's essential to prioritize your mental and emotional well-being above all else.

Quick Reply

Latest