The Student Room Group

A-level Predicted grades

If your A-level predicted grades do not meet the entry requirements for the uni course i want to do can I still apply?
Original post by froggle.-.
If your A-level predicted grades do not meet the entry requirements for the uni course i want to do can I still apply?

Depends on the subject I think, using common sense if the course is very competetive every year then I doubt you will be able to, maybe find out from the specific unis, I know some unis for medicine say that they don’t look at predicted grades at all and some say that they understand that they are just predictions and will still consider you, so find out from the uni I would suggest
Original post by froggle.-.

You can apply but whether they accept you who knows. Many universities make reach offers to students 1 grade below but the more your grades are below the less likely you will get an offer.

However for competitive universities and courses there will be no chance and students get rejected even if they exceed the minimum grades
Reply 3
It depends, for less competitive courses at less competitive unis they might still look at your application and give you an offer. At unis like cambridge or imperial, I wouldnt be suprised if your application was automatically rejected for not meeting the required grades (unless you have special circumstances)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending