The Student Room Group

Accountability & being productive

Who else has real problems with holding yourself accountable for showing up every day and achieving big goals of any kind?

I struggled with this for years and felt like I was definitely not living up to my full potential. It's a real battle, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't alone.

I'm looking to collect all sorts of views on this and create something that can help others when they get stuck in this rut.

So if anyone has been through this, do you have any tips, tools or books that helped you succeed? Accountability partners, journalling etc.?

Also if you struggle with this very keen to hear from you! Really want to know how different people struggle because I don't think it's a one solution fits all :smile:
Original post by jb655
Who else has real problems with holding yourself accountable for showing up every day and achieving big goals of any kind?

I struggled with this for years and felt like I was definitely not living up to my full potential. It's a real battle, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't alone.

I'm looking to collect all sorts of views on this and create something that can help others when they get stuck in this rut.

So if anyone has been through this, do you have any tips, tools or books that helped you succeed? Accountability partners, journalling etc.?

Also if you struggle with this very keen to hear from you! Really want to know how different people struggle because I don't think it's a one solution fits all :smile:

Hello. I struggle with this as well. Use a friend or family member to hold you accountable to tasks as they can help monitor time and productivity more effectively.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hello. I struggle with this as well. Use a friend or family member to hold you accountable to tasks as they can help monitor time and productivity more effectively.

This. Definitely worked for exams etc. I found that friends and family can forget about it over time as well though?

Do you think you would use a tool that made it a game and a bit of competition between you and friends/family so that there was something to win/lose on the line? (e.g. you have to take them for dinner if you don't complete your goal)
Original post by jb655
This. Definitely worked for exams etc. I found that friends and family can forget about it over time as well though?

Do you think you would use a tool that made it a game and a bit of competition between you and friends/family so that there was something to win/lose on the line? (e.g. you have to take them for dinner if you don't complete your goal)

Yeah, creating competition can help you ensure that you complete your goals. I would also recommend using phone alarms/snacks to boost productivity. For example, set a timer for 1 hour on your phone to finish a task. Then, after that one hour, have your favourite snack/ do something that you like. This stimulates the brain and allows for much greater progress.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending