The Student Room Group

Rejected by Student Finance England?

Hi,

I got a letter today saying that I'm not eligible for funding and I'm so confused as to why.

Here's my background:

I am 26, I have been to university before and I have a fdsc qualification.

I applied for a BA degree in a totally different field as I want to retrain.

I was told by numerous people at my applied to university including the finance department that my circumstances would mean I can be funded but not the first year due to previous funding (2 years) I've already had.

What it says in the letter is that I'm not entitled course funding or maintenance loan because I am "applying to a course with a qualification equal to or lower than a qualification I already have".

But I don't???

A fdsc is a level 5 and a BA is a level 6. That's not equal and it's not lower.

I don't understand why I've been sent this. Can I even call them about this? There is a phone number on the letter but I don't want to be on hold forever if I have no hope of getting anywhere.

I'm really stressed and confused because I don't understand. This isn't an equal or lower qualification and I thought everyone was entitled to a maintenance loan if applying for student fiance unless you earn a lot of money which I don't.

Honestly don't know what to do and if they will even listen to me
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by LaFoll
Hi,

I got a letter today saying that I'm not eligible for funding and I'm so confused as to why.

Here's my background:

I was told by numerous people at my applied to university including the finance department that my circumstances would mean I can be funded but not the first year due to previous funding (2 years) I've already had.

What it says in the letter is that I'm not entitled course funding or maintenance loan because I am "applying to a course with a qualification equal to or lower than a qualification I already have".

But I don't???

I don't understand why I've been sent this. Can I even call them about this? There is a phone number on the letter but I don't want to be on hold forever if I have no hope of getting anywhere.

I'm really stressed and confused because I don't understand. This isn't an equal or lower qualification and I thought everyone was entitled to a maintenance loan if applying for student fiance unless you earn a lot of money which I don't.

Hi there,

You would be best to call us so we can check why this has been sent to you. The number is 0300 100 0607 press option 1 and 1 again and you can speak to one of our adviser's. We're open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and weekends 9am- 4pm.

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by LaFoll
Hi,

Here's my background:

But I don't???

Hi there,

You should be eligible for the higher qualification however you would need to fund the first years Tuition Fees as you have 2 years of previous study. Please upload a cover letter to your account to explain you do not hold an equal level qualification along with evidence of your current qualification or transcripts confirming the qualification you currently hold so that the application can be reassessed.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending