The Student Room Group

if i missed my firm offer by one grade (foundation year)

ive missed my firm offer by one grade, but the university have all of my documents that show my progress with my actual grades throughtout the year, from literally failing in term 1 to A eqv in term 2, then A* eqv. in term 3. but around the finals time i had so many health issues that a teacher had to take me to the ER once,

are all of these details reported to the university ?
do they make any diffrence when deciding if ill get an offer or not?
do they consider my overall profermance in the subject?
the standard req are A*AA
the contextual req are A* BB
I got A*AB
so I'm in between. idk what to do literally
Original post by uclstudent1237
ive missed my firm offer by one grade, but the university have all of my documents that show my progress with my actual grades throughtout the year, from literally failing in term 1 to A eqv in term 2, then A* eqv. in term 3. but around the finals time i had so many health issues that a teacher had to take me to the ER once,

I got A*AB

This will depend on the university and the numbers who have reached their offers so nobody can definitely answer this. However by nature of asking for such high grades it suggests they will be confident of making their numbers. If that prove to be the case you will be rejected. If not enough students reach their offers you will probably be accepted.
Original post by uclstudent1237

I got A*AB

Hi there

Applications are looked at on a case by case basis, so will be difficult to say until you get official confirmation from the Uni.

I will attempt to answer your questions in the order you have posted them.

If you or your school have applied for mitigation for your health issues during exam period, this will go to the exam board. Using their discretion they could then amend your grades and marks to account for the issues you faced. This information won't be sent to your UCAS application, and therefore the uni will only know if you or your school has specifically let them know.
It is not unheard of unis giving places to those who miss their original offer, but it is of course not guaranteed. This will depend on the Uni, course, and popularity each year.
As mentioned before, they will look at your case individually, meaning they may see that your grades prior to exams were better, and this may help convince them. But again, nothing is guaranteed.
With regards to contextual offers, these are usually given out based on the situation when applying. For example, your background, or school. However, if their normal contextual offers are lower than your grades, that should give you hope that they are willing to take on students with lower grades than yourself.

I hope I was able to answer your questions,
apologies I couldn't give a direct answer to calm your nerves,
Good luck

Adam - Uni of Kent Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending