The Student Room Group

forgiveness

Hi all,
this is super random but it’s been on my mind and I have no one to share this with. My mum left me as a child alongside my brother and dad, lied to the courts about my dad doing stufff that really didn’t happen. the courts didn’t believe her at all there was no evidence. she put my dad in deep depression and left us without any motherly support this impacted us a lot. she said she misses me alot and I have been trying to rekindle with her but she’s never apologised for her wrong doing. Even when I bring it up she laughs about it and doesn’t think she’s done ANYTHING wrong but the amount of hurt she’s brought us it’s really hard. she truly doesn’t believe she’s done anything…I’m going on holiday with her and I’m actualy really dreading it because of how she’s been acting when I try and ask her for an apology. After the holiday I’m tempted to cut her out because I’m just so annoyed. But idk I need advice
I'm sorry about what you've been through and I relate to you cos I also have/had toxic parents and honestly you don't need people like that in your life. You need to cut out toxic people. And I'm sorry, but she will never apologise, people like that never see that they've done wrong or that they've hurt you. They will always think they're in the right. And it will just be so frustrating and hurtful for you to try to ask her for an apology and watch her almost inevitably refuse to do so, or even if she does, it won't be sincere. If I were you, I would cut her out and wouldn't even bother asking for an apology. And anyways, she is the mother, she should be apologising of her own accord, she shouldn't need you to ask her. I'm sorry you have a mum like that.
Reply 2
Original post by Redrobinbird
I'm sorry about what you've been through and I relate to you cos I also have/had toxic parents and honestly you don't need people like that in your life. You need to cut out toxic people. And I'm sorry, but she will never apologise, people like that never see that they've done wrong or that they've hurt you. They will always think they're in the right. And it will just be so frustrating and hurtful for you to try to ask her for an apology and watch her almost inevitably refuse to do so, or even if she does, it won't be sincere. If I were you, I would cut her out and wouldn't even bother asking for an apology. And anyways, she is the mother, she should be apologising of her own accord, she shouldn't need you to ask her. I'm sorry you have a mum like that.

Thank you for responding sorry you have gone through things similar and thanks for the honesty!!
Reply 3
I wouldn't even go on the holiday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending