The Student Room Group

Have a 40 minute interview for Application Analyst position, tips?

Hi all, I was made redundant from a business analyst role last month and have an interview this week for an Applications Analyst role at the IT department of my local police force. They have told me the interview will last around 40 minutes, they haven't said whether this is technical or a behavioural/general interview. What could I expect from this? My background is the I am a computer Science Graduate with 5 years experience as a Business analyst.
Original post by Fazersa
Hi all, I was made redundant from a business analyst role last month and have an interview this week for an Applications Analyst role at the IT department of my local police force. They have told me the interview will last around 40 minutes, they haven't said whether this is technical or a behavioural/general interview. What could I expect from this? My background is the I am a computer Science Graduate with 5 years experience as a Business analyst.

Hi! Normally, local companies will do a mix of all interviews in one. For the type of questions I would recommend looking at the job description that was made for the role as you can identify questions from this.

With expectations of a more open interview I would also recommend the following tips for preparing for your interview:
1. Show confidence when answering questions
2. Send a follow up after the interview to keep them engaged and know your interest
3. Research the police force, what values do they have/ what is the culture around the place

Doing this and more can help with interviews, hope this helps and best of luck! :smile:
Reply 3
Well done on getting an interview! Ask what is the interview structure to avoid any surprises on the day. It’s always good to prepare some of your answers ahead of your interview using the STAR technique (https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/careers-advice/interview-advice/the-star-method).

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending