The Student Room Group

I just finished a level 3 course but now want to do a levels

I'm currently 18 living in wales and have just finished a level three course in an area i don't want to pursue. I studied game dev for two years but don't want to go into that area and would like to and go for a career in a medical area. I realize this is a big difference and because of this i wouldn't be able to apply to uni with my current qualification. I just don't know if its possible to retake a levels at my local college and if i could would I have to pay for them? I have no idea what to do and would appreciate any advice.
Original post by su.lu.2
I'm currently 18 living in wales and have just finished a level three course in an area i don't want to pursue. I studied game dev for two years but don't want to go into that area and would like to and go for a career in a medical area. I realize this is a big difference and because of this i wouldn't be able to apply to uni with my current qualification. I just don't know if its possible to retake a levels at my local college and if i could would I have to pay for them? I have no idea what to do and would appreciate any advice.

Do you know whether any colleges offer Access to HE in Science? In England there is something called an advanced learner loan which you can use to get another level 3 in a different subject, if you go to uni after it gets wiped. Is there anything like that available to you in Wales?
Do you know specifically which area within the medical field you're interested in? The options you have will be different depending on whether you're interested in a clinical or non-clinical career, and the entry requirements will vary massively.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending