The Student Room Group

Clearing Dilemma

Hi,

I’ve received an offer from City University to study politics in September

I had spent this year studying at another university but I’m looking to start an entirely new course as I didn’t find my Uni good at all and City as a better option

So I submitted my application through clearing and City said that I have an offer, with that they said that within 48 Hours of the email the offer is only subject to me adding it as a clearing choice

My issue is, I didn’t send a UCAS application this year so I’m not able to add it as a clearing choice until the application has been processed, so I logged into my UCAS a day later (when I saw the offer) that I used to apply for the Uni I’m currently at and it says UCAS takes 48 hours to process applications

Will I lose my offer if UCAS doesn’t process my application fast enough for me to add it as a clearing choice, I’m so stressed because I’ve finally gotten another opportunity but im worried it’ll be taken away from me if UCAS doesn’t process my application fast enough for this year

Is there anything I can do to secure my City offer? I have full intention of going there
Just contact City and advise them that UCAS will take a couple of days to process your application.

(This is why you shouldn’t obtain clearing offers until you are eligible for clearing.)
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Just contact City and advise them that UCAS will take a couple of days to process your application.

(This is why you shouldn’t obtain clearing offers until you are eligible for clearing.)

hey,

Thanks for your advice - I know you don’t speak for City but do you personally think that they’ll say no to me asking them to wait for my application to process? This is because I’m fully intending to go there and I want them to know that so that they’re aware I wouldn’t want my offer to lapse
Just ring them this morning first thing and explain the situation and ask them to confirm in writing that they will extend your offer deadline
I’d really just be guessing whether they say yes, (although +/- 24hrs wouldn’t make any difference for a lot of courses), but you are in the same position whether you contact them and they say no or you don’t bother. IE. Try.
Note that UCAS Hub will be moving to limited functionality tomorrow afternoon until 1pm Thursday so unless you're 100% sure your application will be processed before tomorrow lunchtime it's worth asking if they'll extend your deadline until the Hub is live again on the 17th

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending