The Student Room Group

my bf spends money too much but won’t spend it on me?

me and bf got into a little disagreement last night. I had gone to see him in his city the other day as do not live in the same city anymore. It had costed me £15 there and then I got the underground and paid for activity expenses for my self. He paid for the meal. After he paid I asked him if I should send half out of courtesy and he said if you want which I said then I won’t. We went along the day and we paid for our activities and own drinks and I paid for a rented bike which was cheap because he told me to pay as he paid for the meal. We got the uber boat because I said £15 would be too expensive for the tour boat which the uber boat was really good anyway so he was happy about it. Just last night he asked for the money back and I was confused at what he was asking about and he referred to the food which came to about 40 pound. I was annoyed at this but I told him I will send it next week because I don’t have the money right now. And he said I do have the money (he’s referring to my savings which I’ve saved for the future.) I told him I’m not gonna send money from my savings to you. So he told me to go to sleep as I was about to go to sleep anyway. I couldn’t get to sleep because I know he was annoyed at me. I then talked to him again and I told him the reason I asked if I could see him initially is so he will prepare for it and he could always say no to not seeing me because he’s struggling. He was annoyed that I asked because he knows that I know he is struggling financially and doesn’t have a source of income. I don’t have a stable one either but when I earn i’m wise with how i spend it. He recently bought this new sweater for about 30 pound and goes out around which costs him money so I was annoyed he asked for it. He understood that he should have been smarter about saying yes to me but then said he would see me regardless if he the money or not but then said I wouldn’t do the same for him because I see spending money on him or doing it together as not worthy which I also realised was true because I didn’t want to do the tour boat ride and suggested uber boat as it was expensive. My issue is that I spent money to see him and spent my own money on everything else the least he could do is just pay for the food.Anyways who do you think is at fault here?
Reply 1
It’s a bit hard to follow who spent what to be honest, but one thing is sure it’s not great going out when you’re short of cash and then squabbling over who pays for what. Maybe jointly contribute to a pot next time which you then decide how to spend, and decide in advance if the person travelling pays a bit less

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending