The Student Room Group

Brunel University ( integrated foundation year) or University Of Greenwich BEng

Basically because of personal circumstances I chose to do a BTEC instead of A-level (which wasn’t what I saw myself doing as I wanted to go to a Russel Group but I was too depressed and wanted to do something more simple and close to my future career path) and after two years got a DDD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering despite the college I ended up going to being horrible cause of strikes happening since the beginning of the year and apparently still ongoing .
Now I’m deciding whether to do a foundation year at Brunel which is a further travel and is better than Greenwich and I’m not sure what to do as preferably I would rather do 3 years then a Masters. I just need advise on which choice is better and also whether it matters what University I end up going to as I’ve been procrastinating all day. Otherwise could I get any better/alternatives in the London area. Thanks.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by SSJ1
Basically because of personal circumstances I chose to do a BTEC instead of A-level (which wasn’t what I saw myself doing as I wanted to go to a Russel Group but I was too depressed and wanted to do something more simple and close to my future career path) and after two years got a DDD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering despite the college I ended up going to being horrible cause of strikes happening since the beginning of the year and apparently still ongoing .
Now I’m deciding whether to do a foundation year at Brunel which is a further travel and is better than Greenwich and I’m not sure what to do as preferably I would rather do 3 years then a Masters. I just need advise on which choice is better and also whether it matters what University I end up going to as I’ve been procrastinating all day. Otherwise could I get any better/alternatives in the London area. Thanks.

A good university is the one best suited to you. A little bit of time spent researching the course (which is the important bit) and the university will pay off. Make sure to discuss your options and consider all angles. Get in touch with friends/family and your parents and make a balanced decision. If you have more specific questions I am happy to help.
If your ultimate goal is a Master's degree after the end of your first degree, it does not matter where you go as long as you do well, get a good degree and maybe some summer placements.
As for the distance, students who commute far usually do worse than those who are close to uni, because the commuters are more interested in dasing home after class and they don't get to know their fellow students or they miss out of information shared etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending