The Student Room Group

When do I apply for student finance if I am going to take a gap year?

Hey guys If I were to do a gap year after year 13 (I'm transitioning into year 13 this year) how would student finance work? Do I apply it during my school period or would I apply during my gap year?

If I were to do it during school period does my student finance change if my parents make more money?
Original post by Clivierx
Hey guys If I were to do a gap year after year 13 (I'm transitioning into year 13 this year) how would student finance work? Do I apply it during my school period or would I apply during my gap year?

If I were to do it during school period does my student finance change if my parents make more money?

You would apply for student finance in your gap year. The deadline for applications is usually around June - so by June 2025 for Sep/Oct 2025 entry.

Parental income is taken into account for your maintenance loan. They'll need to provide details for the last full tax year prior to the start of the academic year. For example, if you apply for the 2025/26 academic year, the tax year will be 2023/24.
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
You would apply for student finance in your gap year. The deadline for applications is usually around June - so by June 2025 for Sep/Oct 2025 entry.

Parental income is taken into account for your maintenance loan. They'll need to provide details for the last full tax year prior to the start of the academic year. For example, if you apply for the 2025/26 academic year, the tax year will be 2023/24.

ahh okay, thanks for clearing this up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending