The Student Room Group

3rd Year Maintenance Loan

Hello! I’m very confused with applying for my loan this year. I had a gap year after my 2 study years and now that I want to apply for Tuition and Maintenance, I’m not able to do so. I only have the option to apply for Tuition Loan as a pre-settled status student however I had no issues in the past. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I started my full settlement application but I fear it will take too long and the finance deadline is coming up. I’ve been on the phone to SF but they said because I don’t fall into 2 categories, I can’t apply?!
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by taviamania
Hello! I’m very confused with applying for my loan this year. I had a gap year after my 2 study years and now that I want to apply for Tuition and Maintenance, I’m not able to do so. I only have the option to apply for Tuition Loan as a pre-settled status student however I had no issues in the past. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I started my full settlement application but I fear it will take too long and the finance deadline is coming up. I’ve been on the phone to SF but they said because I don’t fall into 2 categories, I can’t apply?!

Hi Tavia,

If you have pre settled status, you are only eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan. Can you confirm if you previously applied as a Migrant Worker?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Ah I see, I don’t remember the way the previous years worked exactly but I just know I never had this issue till now. I have applied for a settlement status and im currently sending back proof of address in the past few years. I’m not sure if I can get it before the late deadline for SFE though. What would you recommend? Thankyou so much for the reply also I really appreciate the clarification!
Original post by taviamania
Ah I see, I don’t remember the way the previous years worked exactly but I just know I never had this issue till now. I have applied for a settlement status and im currently sending back proof of address in the past few years. I’m not sure if I can get it before the late deadline for SFE though. What would you recommend? Thankyou so much for the reply also I really appreciate the clarification!

If you have a gap in study then you'd be classed as a new student and that's why we are requesting the evidence. If the course starts in September 2023 then you have 9 months from September to apply for funding. Please note evidence can take 6-8 weeks so depending on when you send this it may mean your funding is delayed. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending