The Student Room Group

super curriculars for oxbridge ??

hi everyone, I got my results for GCSES a couple of days ago and my results aren't great,I want to make up for it with my A levels and super curricular activities - Does anyone have any recommendations of what I could do ???? - If it helps I'm going to be doing English lit , psychology and economics in September

thank you !
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
hi everyone, I got my results for GCSES a couple of days ago and my results aren't great,I want to make up for it with my A levels and super curricular activities - Does anyone have any recommendations of what I could do ???? - If it helps I'm going to be doing English lit , psychology and economics in September

thank you !

Books, MOOCs, essay competitions, debating societies, podcasts…..
Oxbridge will look at your results and your personal statement, so it can't so much be making up for grades as adding to your student profile. In general, reading around your subject, watching related films, work experience if it's available to you (but is definitely not required), MOOCs and so on can be good ideas. But please don't settle on a uni before you've chosen your degree subject - there are so many good unis out there and whole Oxbridge are great, maybe you'd prefer the course somewhere else if it came down to it.
(As a second point for if you do look at the courses you're interested in and think you'd like an oxford or Cambridge course, I believe Cambridge put less emphasis on GCSEs than Oxford).

But yeah, start your A levels, spend some time getting settled in and deciding what subject you might like to do at uni, research different courses and explore your subject more from there..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending