The Student Room Group

Coursera and FreeCodeCamp

What's the likeness of finding a decent job after having completed courses from these websites? Do you personally know people who did?
Original post by Labib98
What's the likeness of finding a decent job after having completed courses from these websites? Do you personally know people who did?

What sort of job would you be looking to go into with these courses? I think it depends on what you study plus, it'll also depend on your other experience too.
Reply 2
Original post by brainzistheword
What sort of job would you be looking to go into with these courses? I think it depends on what you study plus, it'll also depend on your other experience too.

Somewhere that doesn't involve labour, Amazon,finance...
I have an ordinary degree in chemistry.
Original post by Labib98
Somewhere that doesn't involve labour, Amazon,finance...
I have an ordinary degree in chemistry.

In that case, I think your options are broad enough that any extra qualifications would be looked upon favourably. I'd just advise you consider which course(s) you do, so that you're being as efficient as possible and try to either keep your options open if you're not sure, or aim towards a certain career so you can focus your efforts.
Reply 4
well, I would suggest using coursear/edx/freecodecamp as good tasters. You can check out if this is the career path you want or not. However these courses are lack of interaction with other students and teacher. Instead I would suggest trying code bootcamp fulltime with face-to-face teaching. Then you would get much more from your peer students and teachers, also better understanding/expectations on different job paths and necessary skill sets too. some even provide job opportunities as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending