The Student Room Group

I don’t know how many societies to join

Hi guys
I was wondering what is a normal amount of societies to join at uni.
Is there a certain amount that students or staff recommend?
Best wishes
Emily
Original post by Manchester Met - Student Rep
Hi guys
I was wondering what is a normal amount of societies to join at uni.
Is there a certain amount that students or staff recommend?
Best wishes
Emily

Hi Emily,

Personally, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the right number of societies to join will vary depending on your interests, degree course, time commitments, societies available, and goals. However, I'd say most students join 1-3 societies, with some joining more and some joining fewer (So for simplicity's sake, I'd say 2 on average).

To those wondering about how to go about it, I'd advise to not be afraid to join and then leave a society if you're not enjoying it. There are plenty of other societies out there, so you're sure to find one that's a good fit for you.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes,

David :smile:
University of Kent Representative
Original post by University of Kent
Hi Emily,

Personally, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the right number of societies to join will vary depending on your interests, degree course, time commitments, societies available, and goals. However, I'd say most students join 1-3 societies, with some joining more and some joining fewer (So for simplicity's sake, I'd say 2 on average).

To those wondering about how to go about it, I'd advise to not be afraid to join and then leave a society if you're not enjoying it. There are plenty of other societies out there, so you're sure to find one that's a good fit for you.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes,

David :smile:
University of Kent Representative

Brilliant advice thank you

Emily
hello :smile:
i would focus on the quality of relationships with people instead of the number of societies :smile:
Original post by beautifulworld
hello :smile:
i would focus on the quality of relationships with people instead of the number of societies :smile:

Lovely advice thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending