The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Working part time as UCL postgrad

Hi! I’m starting a masters at UCL (Environment, Politics and Society MSc), and I was wondering how hard it is to work part time during this course / a masters generally. The max amount recommended is 20 hours / week and I might have a job offer for this amount for 3 months. Would this be feasible?

Thanks.
Hi there, I just completed my MSc at UCL and I was actually working full time while doing so. I had to switch very quickly to completing my course on a part time basis because it really wasn't feasible to do both. Just no time; particularly around term 3 when the dissertation process picks up as well! Good luck!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by clarissasalmon
Hi! I’m starting a masters at UCL (Environment, Politics and Society MSc), and I was wondering how hard it is to work part time during this course / a masters generally. The max amount recommended is 20 hours / week and I might have a job offer for this amount for 3 months. Would this be feasible?

Thanks.

Hi, I personally worked for 3 months(part-time) during my masters and since my lectures were not held daily(which I believe is normally the case for most, if not all MSc students), I did not find it difficult, in fact, if anything it helped me with discipline and gave me more structure to my day.
but I do have to mention that my job was only for 2 days a week.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending