The Student Room Group

Thought I was over my ex but I'm not

I thought I was over my ex and being dumped but I've been missing them a lot again recently and that might just be because I'm feeling lonely but it's a really frustrating feeling. Cos I thought I was finally over the pain and heartache but it's come back. And now I really feel like reaching out to them again even though I promised myself I would never do that again and I know it won't achieve anything.
Reply 1
yeah i can relate to this but ask urself this do u miss being in a relationship and miss love or do u specifically miss that person also how long has it been since u broke up, remember u broke up for a reason and i heard this quote "You won't find the same person twice, not even in the same person"

good luck
Original post by Anonymous
I thought I was over my ex and being dumped but I've been missing them a lot again recently and that might just be because I'm feeling lonely but it's a really frustrating feeling. Cos I thought I was finally over the pain and heartache but it's come back. And now I really feel like reaching out to them again even though I promised myself I would never do that again and I know it won't achieve anything.

Every time I feel like reaching out to someone I make a list in my head of all the “bad” things that has happened with them or stuff I never noticed about them that I saw after it ended and I remind myself of those and that helps me to not want to reach out. This feeling is normal, to feel like you’ve moved on only to go back to square one, it’s completely normal but you will get there. Healing has no time stamp. Remember that. You got this 🥺
Every time I feel like reaching out to someone I make a list in my head of all the “bad” things that has happened with them or stuff I never noticed about them that I saw after it ended and I remind myself of those and that helps me to not want to reach out. This feeling is normal, to feel like you’ve moved on only to go back to square one, it’s completely normal but you will get there. Healing has no time stamp. Remember that. You got this 🥺

Not to derail this thread but how do I heal? I can’t stop thinking about her :frown: she ghosted me even tho she even told me she liked me. It’s nearly been a year now and I can’t let go idk how
Not to derail this thread but how do I heal? I can’t stop thinking about her :frown: she ghosted me even tho she even told me she liked me. It’s nearly been a year now and I can’t let go idk how

Do things that keep your mind busy. It's okay to think of them but just remember and I do the same thing whilst you're sitting in your room crying over them have they taken a minute in their day to think about how their actions have affected you? If the answer is no then why are you? Easier said than done I know but just remember this and as I said before write down things you dislike about her and things you ignored about her when she was in your life and every time you find yourself thinking of her take out the piece of paper and read it. This technique helps I hope it helps you too. You'll be OK. Being in a relationship isn't everything. Spend time with yourself get back into things you enjoy or learn a new skill and you'll soon see you're so busy you don't have time to think of her.
Reply 5

How long ago did you split up and what were the reasons?
Reply 6

It's amazing you're able to realise how getting back with them won't achieve anything, as this is something many people fail to see until it's too late. Trust yourself and your thoughts, and try staying around those who show kindness and love to you without making you feel bad about yourself. These feelings of longing will fade with time, and it'll be hard but you need to trust yourself and give yourself a break. Naturally, the pain and heartbreak will be bothersome but i'm sure this isnt the first time you've experienced pain so you should be aware that it comes and goes. I hope everything goes okay, and remember to chose the decision that's best for YOU on a whole.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending