The Student Room Group

university application

i am applying to unis with abb requirements the course being economics with/and finance but am on acc predicted, i know im 2 grades off what is the percentage they offer me something
Original post by ramare23
i am applying to unis with abb requirements the course being economics with/and finance but am on acc predicted, i know im 2 grades off what is the percentage they offer me something

Are you planning to apply only to unis with ABB requirements? That would not be wise, and may lead to five rejections.

Applying to one or two "aspirational" unis, where you don't quite meet their requirements is fine. But most of your choices should have requirements which you meet or exceed.
Reply 2
Two C grades is not a good look.You might get offers for BBB / 120 points, but that is probably your best shot.
Reply 3
If you get five rejections, you can use UCAS Extra to add more until you get an offer. At that point it would be wise to lower your aspirations a bit.

The real danger is that you only get one offer (including in the situation above where you've only got one because you found it through Extra), then fail to meet it and have to go into Clearing because you have no insurance choice. In this case it would be very wise to research your Plan B and work out which unis you might apply to in a hurry if it comes to that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending