The Student Room Group

Student Finance Course Change

I recently changed courses at the same unviersity and I didnt have to repeat the 1st year and can go through with my 2nd year as normally because I went from Biomed to Biochemistry which had the same modules in the 1st year so my application was approved. I know I will have to change that with student finance as it still has Biomed instead of Biochemistry but I was wondering if this will affect my maintenance loan? I will be paid on the 18th and cant afford to delay the payment. So could anyone let me know whether it would affect it in any way?
Original post by Mela_aaa
I recently changed courses at the same unviersity and I didnt have to repeat the 1st year and can go through with my 2nd year as normally because I went from Biomed to Biochemistry which had the same modules in the 1st year so my application was approved. I know I will have to change that with student finance as it still has Biomed instead of Biochemistry but I was wondering if this will affect my maintenance loan? I will be paid on the 18th and cant afford to delay the payment. So could anyone let me know whether it would affect it in any way?

Hey,
Student finance is usually super busy this time of year, but hopefully it will not be much of an issue to swap as all they need to change is the course name. I would contact student finance yourself to see if you can get it updated as soon as possible. You could also speak to the University's student advice or financial advice desk if they have one, as they may be able to get it through faster for you/request it on your behalf, or they can help you financially until the loan comes through.
I hope this helps, and it all works out quickly for you!
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)
Reply 2
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hey,
Student finance is usually super busy this time of year, but hopefully it will not be much of an issue to swap as all they need to change is the course name. I would contact student finance yourself to see if you can get it updated as soon as possible. You could also speak to the University's student advice or financial advice desk if they have one, as they may be able to get it through faster for you/request it on your behalf, or they can help you financially until the loan comes through.
I hope this helps, and it all works out quickly for you!
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)

The change was fairly recent so would it be okay to wait until after my maintenance comes in just in case? My maintenance loan says its ready to be paid and again I cant afford to lose it. Since it’s just the course name that has to be changed is it fine if I delay this a little longer just for assurance that my maintenance comes in time?
Original post by Mela_aaa
The change was fairly recent so would it be okay to wait until after my maintenance comes in just in case? My maintenance loan says its ready to be paid and again I cant afford to lose it. Since it’s just the course name that has to be changed is it fine if I delay this a little longer just for assurance that my maintenance comes in time?

Your course change isn't going to change the amount you receive so I think it is fine to inform them next week. Course/uni changes are currently taking around 14 days to process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending