The Student Room Group

Cramps but no period

Has that happened to anyone? I'm not worried as it's day 32 and sometimes it goes longer than that and up to 36 days, but I was hoping I would be on the 3rd day of my period on the day of my ultrasound appointment which is tomorrow.
Reply 1
Happens to me all the time
There are lots of reasons why you might not have your period yet. E.g. the ultrasound will test you for PCOS Polycystic Ovaries so you can eliminate that if it is a normal ultrasound.

Ask your GP or a sexual health clinic.

Cramps might also be related to digestion and gas.
Reply 3
Original post by chattyandcurious
There are lots of reasons why you might not have your period yet. E.g. the ultrasound will test you for PCOS Polycystic Ovaries so you can eliminate that if it is a normal ultrasound.

Ask your GP or a sexual health clinic.

Cramps might also be related to digestion and gas.

I was having an ultrasound for a urinary tract infection that won't go away, not my irregular periods.

I'm not pregnant as I am not sexually active. I was thinking I was going to start on the day of my ultrasound (today) and I didn't want to be heavily on it and I was hoping I was light by the time my appointment came around. Turns out I didn't even start before my appointment so that's even better because it's going to show up on the ultrasound isn't it?
Sorry thought it was periods.

Ask your GP anyway if you can have an ultrasound on your ovaries and womb just to rule out polycystic ovaries and endometriosis. Just as a precaution even if you don't have them.

The body is complicated so different areas over lap sometimes like digestion, bladder and so on.

The other thing is candida and there are books and articles on the anti candida diet as this can feel like a UTI.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by chattyandcurious
Sorry thought it was periods.

Ask your GP anyway if you can have an ultrasound on your ovaries and womb just to rule out polycystic ovaries and endometriosis. Just as a precaution even if you don't have them.

The body is complicated so different areas over lap sometimes like digestion, bladder and so on.

The other thing is candida and there are books and articles on the anti candida diet as this can feel like a UTI.

Yeah during the ultrasound, they examined my kidneys and my bladder and my ovaries/womb.

Quick Reply

Latest