The Student Room Group

Is it cheating to get to know other men when in a relationship

So to summarise I am muslim and have an fiancé for like 3/4 years but we can't get married as he is financially unstable; would it be cheating if I try to talk to other men who are more serious and would actually marry me instead of dragging it.
Original post by victoriu
So to summarise I am muslim and have an fiancé for like 3/4 years but we can't get married as he is financially unstable; would it be cheating if I try to talk to other men who are more serious and would actually marry me instead of dragging it.

If you make him aware of your intentions (and he's cool with it (?) ) then it's not, but if you do it secretly, I would consider that... not necessarily cheating, but definitely unfaithful.

In fact, if you tell him, it could be the kick up the backside he needs if you genuinely feel he's "dragging it"
Reply 2
Original post by Old Skool Freak
If you make him aware of your intentions (and he's cool with it (?) ) then it's not, but if you do it secretly, I would consider that... not necessarily cheating, but definitely unfaithful.

In fact, if you tell him, it could be the kick up the backside he needs if you genuinely feel he's "dragging it"

that's a really good idea, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending