The Student Room Group

University

How long does it take to adjust to university life
You mean getting your self up and going in the morning and stuff it takes about 6 weeks.
Original post by Dichhya12

Hi there,

I think it varies between people. Some people would find it easier to settle in, some on the other hand could take a few weeks longer. Do not worry if it is taking longer than others to get used to University life. Just take things at your own pace, figure out what schedules work for you and I'm sure you'll find that you have adjusted in no time. :smile:

Hope this helps.
Chloe
-University of Kent Student Rep

Hi @Dichhya12

There's no real set time and it will differ from person to person as it is a big change. It helps as everyone is in the same boat as you and you can work through things together. There's also support available from the uni if you need some extra help adjusting. I think my main piece of advice is just to get involved in as much as you can and throw yourself into everything even if it's out your comfort zone as you won't really get the opportunity to do it in the same way again and there is so much to get involved in you'll definitely find something that you enjoy!

Hope this helped :smile:

Jess

@Dichhya12

I would say by reading week, you would have begun to find a bit of a routine e.g. when you do your shopping, laundry and in general how you structure your week.

I think by the end of the first term you feel like you are beginning to get your head round what's required of you workwise, know what needs to be done and have some strategies for working e.g. printing off slides, days you go to the library and are maybe beginning to think about revision techniques e.g. revision cards or assignments. You also know your way around, have met a few people and may be beginning to feel part of a community.

Hope that helps,

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield
(edited 6 months ago)

Hi there
what about uni life are you struggling with! I found it really bizarre in my first year, you kind of have to find your own pattern and schedule. It took me a few months to settle in, but for some people it took days! It depends!
here to talk to if needed.
Emily

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending