The Student Room Group

Predicted A*AA for Law

(edited 2 weeks ago)
same question ,debating weather its worth absolutely begging for better predicteds
Original post by ronitadas
Hi, I was just wondering whether for courses like law, are universities more likely to give offers to those with like two A*s rather than one A* even if the entry requirement is one A*? I am currently predicted A*AA so wondering if this will affect my chances

Hi @ronitadas,

Firstly, congratulations on having such excellent predictions!

If the entry requirements are one A* then there is no reason to think you will be disadvantaged in your application. Institutions ask for the grades they want you to have so there is not a need to go above the asking grades. Of course, university applications can be very competitive and academic ability is a factor considered when choosing successful students. However, it is often easy to lose sight of the fact that academic achievement is not the only thing considered by universities. In fact, there are several different things a university is looking for in their prospective students ranging from commitment to the subject they are applying for to extra-curricular skills that show potential within the field. I know it is easy to see the risk of students with better predictions being an easy 'yes' for the universities they are applying for, however, this simply isn't the case.

With the grades you are predicted, you are more than capable of applying anywhere you want and then just make sure the rest of your application is to the very best of your ability and reflects your potential accurately and see what happens!

I hope this helps and good luck :smile:

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending