The Student Room Group

Colleague didn't hand over tip

Right so I'm gonna seem super petty but just wanted to get opinions on this

So a table of 14 came into the restaurant i work at. And one of the ladies gave me a £20 tip for myself however work says we have to hand them in so I did (its also my 2nd shift so obviously I was gonna obey the rules) the lady then gave my colleague a £20 tips half an hour later (she's been working there for a few months).

My colleague says to me let's keep the tip and split it and i was like but we're on camera and she said no one checks. So I said okay. After our shift we walk home together and she doesn't mention splitting it. Now I know she still has it but I didn't say anything. It only would have been 10 pounds each but I'm a bit salty that she kept it and I haven't pulled her up on it. I'm not gonna snitch because she needs it more than I do. I'm just regretful I handed mine in ahahhah
Original post by Leahmitch
Right so I'm gonna seem super petty but just wanted to get opinions on this

So a table of 14 came into the restaurant i work at. And one of the ladies gave me a £20 tip for myself however work says we have to hand them in so I did (its also my 2nd shift so obviously I was gonna obey the rules) the lady then gave my colleague a £20 tips half an hour later (she's been working there for a few months).

My colleague says to me let's keep the tip and split it and i was like but we're on camera and she said no one checks. So I said okay. After our shift we walk home together and she doesn't mention splitting it. Now I know she still has it but I didn't say anything. It only would have been 10 pounds each but I'm a bit salty that she kept it and I haven't pulled her up on it. I'm not gonna snitch because she needs it more than I do. I'm just regretful I handed mine in ahahhah

She did not play fair so you have to ask her for your share.
Reply 2
I'm a reak

Original post by Wired_1800
She did not play fair so you have to ask her for your share.

I'm a really awkward person and I don't want to cause bad blood already. Plus I think she'd lie and say she ended up handing it in because that was the first time I met her so she probably doesn't know whether I'll tell the boss or not
Original post by Leahmitch
I'm a reak

I'm a really awkward person and I don't want to cause bad blood already. Plus I think she'd lie and say she ended up handing it in because that was the first time I met her so she probably doesn't know whether I'll tell the boss or not

That makes sense. I’d leave it and move on. Be careful around her. Someone who could do that for 20 quid could be a bit shifty.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending