The Student Room Group

Chance me

EastAsian with a 44 PG with 777 in HL Math AA, Econ, BM and SL Korean, Sports Science, and English L&L. I am applying to LSE, UCL, KCL, Warwick for management undergrad programs. My PS is 'decent' with some work experience and my rec letter should be okay since I have good relationships with the teachers. Please chance me with these stats.
Reply 1
Applying to all of LSE, UCL, KCL, Warwick is, frankly, insane.

Even with top grades and a sensible PS, your chances of getting an offer from any of them is slim - all 4 would be zero.
They get 1000s of applications - not because they are 'better' but just because they in London and/or perceived as 'glamorous'.

If you switch two of those choices for other top Management courses like Manchester, Bath, Bristol then you might actually get some offers.
(edited 6 months ago)
Chances fair for any one of them in isolation. Beyond that anyone would just be guessing, and as above the higher number of competitive/London based courses, the risk of rejection increases.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Applying to all of LSE, UCL, KCL, Warwick is, frankly, insane.

Even with top grades and a sensible PS, your chances of getting an offer from any of them is slim - all 4 would be zero.
They get 1000s of applications - not because they are 'better' but just because they in London and/or perceived as 'glamorous'.

If you switch two of those choices for other top Management courses like Manchester, Bath, Bristol then you might actually get some offers.

I understand they are all top schools with high chance of getting rejected. But the thing is my parents are not going to invest such money on me going to colleges that are not widely recognised. (KCL is the bottom line for me) I'm also applying for other countries as well so I thought there really is no point of applying to colleges that I am not even going to even if I get accepted.
Original post by s8minlee
I understand they are all top schools with high chance of getting rejected. But the thing is my parents are not going to invest such money on me going to colleges that are not widely recognised. (KCL is the bottom line for me) I'm also applying for other countries as well so I thought there really is no point of applying to colleges that I am not even going to even if I get accepted.

London universities are massively over subscribed due to the fact they are in London and your chances of having rejections are high. There are equally as good if not better provincial universities. The difference being they are not in London and therefore overseas students dont see them as glamorous just like you.

Why you seem to think places like for instance Bristol or Manchester are not recognised only you can answer but if you check the UK rankings rather than the international ones you will find otherwise. The international rankings have always favoured London universities because like you they consider them glamorous. Personally like many others on here London would be the last place I would want to go with its huge cost and unfriendly nature.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending