The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship and College

I am currently in an Art and design course in College and i want to do onto uni and do a course in Vehicle design. Can i do an apprenticeship as well as still going to college if the apprenticeship and college courses are completely different?
Reply 1
Original post by restoring-infere
I am currently in an Art and design course in College and i want to do onto uni and do a course in Vehicle design. Can i do an apprenticeship as well as still going to college if the apprenticeship and college courses are completely different?

I mean you could, but unless you transferred to some sort of night school to continue Art and Design I'm afraid it would be impossible: not sure what level apprenticeship you're looking at, but they often require several days a week working, and then a day at a college doing something with the education side. It doesn't matter that they're different though, so long as you meet the entry requirements you want.

It's also worth bearing in mind that of course you'd be increasing your workload largely. In short, it's possible but it would be hard to fit them around each other, and manage the workload: you're probably better off finishing your college/doing the apprenticeship but not both at once.

Do note that you can do an apprenticeship (even a low level one) after college, you're not blocking it off. Hope that helps, sorry for the negative tone. Best of luck wherever you go!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending