The Student Room Group

cambridge SAQ

I am not sure what to write for the interview part. They asked us to write down specific topics that we leant. For example, does that mean for maths I'd write down Pure Mathematics 1 or do I write all the chapters in that unit.
It is all the chapters but I'm having trouble fitting it all in to 100 characters.
Reply 2
Original post by gkwkemrkmrmc
It is all the chapters but I'm having trouble fitting it all in to 100 characters.

Same! I heard that you can choose to only include the topics that are relevant to your course
I've been going round asking my teachers to help make sure I haven't missed anything important
Reply 4
Original post by pim1310
I am not sure what to write for the interview part. They asked us to write down specific topics that we leant. For example, does that mean for maths I'd write down Pure Mathematics 1 or do I write all the chapters in that unit.

Just High level topics will do. You don't need to go into any great detail. I believe it is so that if they ask you questions at the interview related to your A-levels, it can be on topics that you have already covered.
Reply 5
Original post by lalexm
Just High level topics will do. You don't need to go into any great detail. I believe it is so that if they ask you questions at the interview related to your A-levels, it can be on topics that you have already covered.

does that mean I can leave certain topics out if its over the character count?
Reply 6
Original post by Jdkfkdkkdkfg
I've been going round asking my teachers to help make sure I haven't missed anything important

Good luck! what course are you applying to?
Reply 7
Original post by pim1310
does that mean I can leave certain topics out if its over the character count?

Ideally not. If you summarise/condense, or just list high level topics rather than all subtopics, is there no way to include everything you have covered? My daughter initially had the same issue, but once she went high-level she was fine and fitted it into the character limit.
Original post by pim1310
Good luck! what course are you applying to?

Mathematics
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending