The Student Room Group

Boyfriend going soft during sex

Me and my boyfriend have been together for about 6 months, he's always been a very sexual person and all over me, and we would have sex like 2-3 times a day, not every day as we would have breaks from seeing other for work/family life etc, so it's never felt like too much. In the last couple weeks/week or so he's started going soft before sex, or he isn't in the mood - I have been supportive as I don't want to add pressure or make him feel bad but it's really starting to get to me, is he losing attraction to me?
Yes, please reduce the times and do the stuff when both of you are in a good mood.
Its usually like this in relationships- it starts off very good and you're both almost always in the mood but after 6 months or so, its not anything new anymore and its a bit dull so its why he feels that way.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #3
Its usually like this in relationships- it starts off very good and you're both almost always in the mood but after 6 months or so, its not anything new anymore and its a bit dull so its why he feels that way.

Do you have any advice to kind of make it exciting again?
Thats how relationships work, we can't do anything about it. Its just a fact that he's gotten used to you now and its not fresh anymore so of course its not going to be like the first 1 or 2 months. That's how we determine how long a relationship will last, if after 6 months you're able to put up with each other because now those first few months feelings and being in the mood all the time is wearing off. This is when things start to become real.
Physical attraction only lasts for a while, its emotional connection that really keeps a relationship going for years.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #3
Physical attraction only lasts for a while, its emotional connection that really keeps a relationship going for years.

Should I pull back a bit and let him initiate when he wants to?
Why not just be direct and communicate how you're feeling to him- say something like you've noticeable he's not in a mood recently and is there a reason for that?
It just comes down to the person in the end, if they aren't too into it as before then thats normal, if its just stress or something else, then give him time.

Quick Reply

Latest