The Student Room Group

Should I be worried about this?

Ever since the start of last week I have been wiping blood almost every other day after going to the toilet. Sometimes it is only a small amount but other times there can be quite a lot. Should I be worried?
Original post by Anonymous
Ever since the start of last week I have been wiping blood almost every other day after going to the toilet. Sometimes it is only a small amount but other times there can be quite a lot. Should I be worried?

i feel like u should and also go visit a doctor
(Assuming you are female) it could be your period or spotting. If you feel comfortable enough, talk to your mum / a female relative about the situation as they may have a similar experience and could give advice.
Visit your GP if you’re not 100% sure its your period/spotting. Better to be overly cautious about it.
Reply 3
(Assuming you are female) it could be your period or spotting. If you feel comfortable enough, talk to your mum / a female relative about the situation as they may have a similar experience and could give advice.
Visit your GP if you’re not 100% sure its your period/spotting. Better to be overly cautious about it.

I am a male
Should I be worried?

Probably
Reply 5

You really should visit your GP to get it checked out. It could be as mundane as piles, but it could be more serious. Don't ignore it.
Can you identify where the blood is coming from? If it’s your back passage it could be haemorrhoids. they’re super common. But in any case defo go to a doctor. Chances are it’s okay but bleeding from downstairs isn’t something you should ignore
I would definitely recommend seeing a doctor it's probably nothing to worry about but best to get it checked by a professional. Have you had any other symptoms?
Reply 8
I would definitely recommend seeing a doctor it's probably nothing to worry about but best to get it checked by a professional. Have you had any other symptoms?

I have sometimes been feeling bloated after eating even if it isn't much or not at all.
I have sometimes been feeling bloated after eating even if it isn't much or not at all.

No loose stools or diarrhoea? Sometimes excessive wiping after going to the toilet could possibly cause bleeding
I am a male

Ah sorry, definitely visit a GP asap then
If it is from a sore bottom / piles try using some soft toilet rolls if you aren't already and also try wet wipes to soothe your skin.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Have you had an upset stomach ? It could be due to this and going to the toilet more often. I tend to have alot of tummy upsets in a morning and find if I've been ill for more than a day or so I start bleeding from my bottom due to constant wiping . I use flushable wet wipes that really help me and this normally stops the bleeding . It might also be worth trying a barrier cream if not go and see a doctor. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest