The Student Room Group

Is this selfish behaviour?

Ok, I’m 23m, I visit my sister every other week from university.

I usually visit my sister and see my brother for a few hours for food.

But this time last moment my sisters bf was visiting, so I had to stay with my brother

My brother doesn’t work or do anything but watch tv, he collects benefits and just spends it on jewellery and furniture, I tried to encourage him to get a hobby or work but no

Is it weird that he doesn’t want to make me food or just put a few of my things in with his washing?

For example he buys food for the week, and if I come up and stay at his he won’t give me his food or share it, so I end up buying something myself or he buys a takeaway

I left a t shirt in his washing basket once, and he asked me why I left it there. Today I left early because I honestly can’t stand being around him, I had a few t shirts and stuff that needed washed, but he walked in and took his own stuff and washed it in front of me, didn’t ask if I needed anything washed

If this was me, i would do these simple things for my brother, but he seems to set in his ways and only thinks of himself.

Neighbours been complaining about him dumping his rubbish out his own front door and out the back. He doesn’t even take the bins in or out. My sister told him to remove his rubbish or he will get fined, but that was a month ago and he does the same thing.

Is this normal behaviour?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by GreyyRaven
Ok, I’m 23m, I visit my sister every other week from university.

I usually visit my sister and see my brother for a few hours for food.

But this time last moment my sisters bf was visiting, so I had to stay with my brother

My brother doesn’t work or do anything but watch tv, he collects benefits and just spends it on jewellery and furniture, I tried to encourage him to get a hobby or work but no

Is it weird that he doesn’t want to make me food or just put a few of my things in with his washing?

For example he buys food for the week, and if I come up and stay at his he won’t give me his food or share it, so I end up buying something myself or he buys a takeaway

I left a t shirt in his washing basket once, and he asked me why I left it there. Today I left early because I honestly can’t stand being around him, I had a few t shirts and stuff that needed washed, but he walked in and took his own stuff and washed it in front of me, didn’t ask if I needed anything washed

If this was me, i would do these simple things for my brother, but he seems to set in his ways and only thinks of himself.

Is this normal behaviour?

Haha just do your laundry. How does someone keep you under their roof and you still expect them to wash your clothes?
Reply 2
Original post by Oj301
Haha just do your laundry. How does someone keep you under their roof and you still expect them to wash your clothes?

If you read it correctly it’s literally just two t shirts from the weekend that was in his basket that he could throw with his wash
Instead of doing one wash for himself
Maybe your brorther wasn't best pleased at having a guest forced on him at short notice.
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
I am an idiot

I figured
Original post by GreyyRaven
I figured

'Tell me you're a child without telling me you're a child' :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending