The Student Room Group

Ucas lamda

Hi! I have LAMDA Qualifications Grade 1-5 in Speaking in Public. I received a Distinction in Grade 6, I have skipped Grade 7 and now on Grade 8. I am a year 13 student who is applying for UCAS however I will not receive my results for my Grade 8 qualifications until mid summer. Does anyone know how I can put a predicted grade for UCAS and whether they take it into account as it counts as UCAS point. Any help is much appreciated and beneficial as soon as possible, thanks
Original post by mimi1386
Hi! I have LAMDA Qualifications Grade 1-5 in Speaking in Public. I received a Distinction in Grade 6, I have skipped Grade 7 and now on Grade 8. I am a year 13 student who is applying for UCAS however I will not receive my results for my Grade 8 qualifications until mid summer. Does anyone know how I can put a predicted grade for UCAS and whether they take it into account as it counts as UCAS point. Any help is much appreciated and beneficial as soon as possible, thanks

Universities tend to fall into two groups: those which specify their entry requirements in terms of grades (in A levels, BTECs, etc.) and those which specify their entry requirements in terms of UCAS points. The former tend to be the better unis.

For those which specify their entry requirements in terms of UCAS points, some will add a caveat like "must come from A levels, BTEC, or other equivalent qualifications", in which case it's not terribly clear whether they'd accept UCAS points awarded for music exams, LAMDA exams, etc. You'd need to check with the individuals unis. If you find yourself wanting to apply to universities which are happy to take any UCAS points then you should absolutely provide details of your Grade 6 Distinction (for which you'll get 12 UCAS points, I believe), and you should enter your upcoming Grade 8 qualification with a grade of "pending".

Whoever is acting as your referee (typically your school / college) will then change that "pending" grade to a predicted graded. As they're unlikely to be in a position to make a prediction themselves, you'll need to get your LAMDA teacher to send their prediction to your school / college so they can enter it into UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending