The Student Room Group

Missed a test

I didn't have a module added onto my schedule up until a few weeks ago and by then I had already missed 3-4 lectures. As a result,I wasn't aware of an upcoming assessment and I woke up to see that I had received a mark of 0. This is one of two tests for this module, worth 50%, so is there a chance I could I make up for it in the second test?
Original post by Junistudent19
I didn't have a module added onto my schedule up until a few weeks ago and by then I had already missed 3-4 lectures. As a result,I wasn't aware of an upcoming assessment and I woke up to see that I had received a mark of 0. This is one of two tests for this module, worth 50%, so is there a chance I could I make up for it in the second test?

This is question you need to ask the uni itself, or the lecturer concerned.
Reply 2
Because of the administrative and procedural mistakes, you have a case to be able to retake the exam or to have it wholly discounted. You need to speak to the administrators and the mitigating circumstance people.
Original post by Junistudent19

Hi!

I would recommend getting in touch with your personal tutor and / or your lecturer as soon as you can. Explain what has happened and ask for a route to either retake this test or make up the marks elsewhere. Hopefully, even if you can't make up the marks you might be able to get a mitigating circumstances for that test.

In the meantime I would make sure you are going to all of the classes put on by this lecturer and really putting in the work so they can see that you really do want to do well. This will also give you the backup of being really well versed in the subject so you can fully ace the second test if it comes down to that.

I'm assuming you're in first year and if that's the case normally your grades don't effect your end grade of the degree which is good and normally the pass mark for the module is around 40% (but please double check what it is for your course). I hope this is the case for you but either way make sure to really push to be able to make up the marks you missed :smile:

I hope this helps a little!

- Jessica
2nd year Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending