The Student Room Group

Friend accussing me of bullying her

This is a difficult one. I went away with my best friend in the summer, everything was fine at the time and she even suggested going away again. Fast forward 2 months, and seeing her after then, she’s excluded me from meet ups, hasn’t spoken to me at all, hasn’t paid back money from the trip, and ignored any messages I’ve sent her.

I sent her a message on Friday asking if there is anything wrong. She’s essentially come back and said I bullied her on the trip, made up lies on the whole thing and said she’s shocked I haven’t apologised to her for my behaviour, as well as insinuating I have issues. At first I did go back and apologise, but I then unsent it because I have nothing to apologise for, as everything she’s said is untrue. The joke of it is, she called me draining, when she’s been one continuous problem over the years for me, and never understands how her actions affect anyone else (but every time she pulls the mental health card, as bad as it sounds). It’s also moved from her diagnosing herself with all these issues, to now trying to diagnose anyone else with problems she thinks they have.

I’ve said I can no longer be friends with her after the way she’s spoken to me. I feel pretty devasted ending a long term friendship. But also this lies she’s made up are incredibly hurtful, and everyone I’ve spoken to knows my character and it’s so far from what I’m like. There probably isn’t much to say, but any advice or how to cope getting over this, would be much appreciated as I feel a bit in despair.
It'll hurt, but you should never be afraid to cut bad people out of your life, it's often necessary for personal growth.

Sometimes It's just a matter of realising that a ''friend' just don't have your best interests in mind.
Reply 2
Original post by StriderHort
It'll hurt, but you should never be afraid to cut bad people out of your life, it's often necessary for personal growth.

Sometimes It's just a matter of realising that a ''friend' just don't have your best interests in mind.

Thank you, I really needed to hear this. I know it is for the best, as hard as it is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending