The Student Room Group

A break from medicine after finals

Hi everyone,
I'm thinking about taking a year out after medical school finals (6th year) due to health reasons.
I've been looking for information about resitting exams, etc but can't find much online. Was hoping for some guidance on which exams would need to be resat after some time out and before starting FY1?
Original post by lungsandheart23
Hi everyone,
I'm thinking about taking a year out after medical school finals (6th year) due to health reasons.
I've been looking for information about resitting exams, etc but can't find much online. Was hoping for some guidance on which exams would need to be resat after some time out and before starting FY1?

Hi,
I had a friend who did this a few years ago and the only one he had to do was the SJT.
Although with all of the changes that are taking place with final year examinations and rankings, it may have all changed. I would check with your medical school as they should be able to give some answers.
It is definitely possible to take some time out in between so hopefully someone will be able to help you with the logistics.
I wish you all the best with your health!
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending