The Student Room Group

Is a sandwich year masters really worth it?

I'm curious, for masters degrees, what is the benefit of doing a year in industry? Isn't it the same as applying and getting a job by yourself, after your masters? Why pay the extra fees for a year, on top of having reduced pay?
Reply 1
Original post by ChaosWorld1
I'm curious, for masters degrees, what is the benefit of doing a year in industry? Isn't it the same as applying and getting a job by yourself, after your masters? Why pay the extra fees for a year, on top of having reduced pay?

One word. Experience! For me, I would hire an B Hons graduate with experience over a master's candidate with no experience any day.

No one cares about the shape of your hat or colour of your tie. Just what you know and more importantly, what you can do.
(edited 5 months ago)

What field are you referring to?

Doing the year a industry exposes you to a whole new dimension and network of people! Students usually stay and work for these companies or get recommended internally for different companies.

Best,
Daniel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending