The Student Room Group

application for architecture

hi? when do you think is the best time to apply for uni this year? I know the deadline is 31st of January but im just nervoussss
Original post by eirinni
hi? when do you think is the best time to apply for uni this year? I know the deadline is 31st of January but im just nervoussss

It depends on how your portfolio prep is going. Some unis can request your portfolio soon after receiving your application and can give as little as three weeks to submit it. They all vary on what they want to see in terms of content, set tasks and format (pdf, powerpoint, blog, etc.), so even if you know what you are going to include it is likely you will need to tweak your portfolio for each uni. So the timing of your application is down to you - as long as it's before 31 Jan.
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
It depends on how your portfolio prep is going. Some unis can request your portfolio soon after receiving your application and can give as little as three weeks to submit it. They all vary on what they want to see in terms of content, set tasks and format (pdf, powerpoint, blog, etc.), so even if you know what you are going to include it is likely you will need to tweak your portfolio for each uni. So the timing of your application is down to you - as long as it's before 31 Jan.

So they have to first look at your portfolio and then decide if you get an offer ?
Original post by Eirinii
So they have to first look at your portfolio and then decide if you get an offer ?

Yes :smile:
Reply 4
When you apply before the deadline does not impact a university's decision, or even when they get back to you (I applied in October and my last offer came in as late as March the year after). But as the above reply says, you should have some portfolio drafts ready to go as uni deadlines may depend on when you apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending