The Student Room Group

MSc Physiotherapy (pre-reg) funding

I'm currently in my final year of a Sports Therapy with Rehabilitation undergrad, looking to move on to a MSc in Physiotherapy next year. I understand post-grad loans are a set amount, and that if the course is two years long the fixed amount is simply split into 6 payments over the two years. However, I've seen stated that this specific course - pre-registration MSc Physiotherapy - receives funding via an undergraduate application.

Can I first confirm if this is indeed correct?

In this case, would the undergraduate funding cover the entire two-year course, or simply a fixed amount as I previously mentioned is usually the case with post-grad?

Finally, for my current undergrad I will have taken out three years of undergraduate loans - will this effect my application for the MSc?

Basically, I want to ensure that I am able to comfortable fund this course via loans or if employment alongside studies would be an absolute necessity.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by krisjackson528
I'm currently in my final year of a Sports Therapy with Rehabilitation undergrad, looking to move on to a MSc in Physiotherapy next year. I understand post-grad loans are a set amount, and that if the course is two years long the fixed amount is simply split into 6 payments over the two years. However, I've seen stated that this specific course - pre-registration MSc Physiotherapy - receives funding via an undergraduate application.

Can I first confirm if this is indeed correct?

In this case, would the undergraduate funding cover the entire two-year course, or simply a fixed amount as I previously mentioned is usually the case with post-grad?

Finally, for my current undergrad I will have taken out three years of undergraduate loans - will this effect my application for the MSc?

Basically, I want to ensure that I am able to comfortable fund this course via loans or if employment alongside studies would be an absolute necessity.

Thank you :smile:

Hi there,

Do you know the name of the course and university you're looking to study at so we can check the course information for you? Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Do you know the name of the course and university you're looking to study at so we can check the course information for you? Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason, thank you replying to my post. Here's the site for course I'm interested in: https://www.tees.ac.uk/postgraduate_courses/nursing_&_health/msc_physiotherapy_(pre-registration).cfm
Hi Jason, thank you replying to my post. Here's the site for course I'm interested in: https://www.tees.ac.uk/postgraduate_courses/nursing_&_health/msc_physiotherapy_(pre-registration).cfm

Thank you. So the funding would be scheduled over the two years and it would be an undergraduate application you'd apply on. Is it September 2024 you're looking to apply for this? Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Thank you. So the funding would be scheduled over the two years and it would be an undergraduate application you'd apply on. Is it September 2024 you're looking to apply for this? Thanks, Jason

It certainly is, fingers crossed this final year of my undergraduate goes as planned 🤞
It certainly is, fingers crossed this final year of my undergraduate goes as planned 🤞

Thanks Kris,

Any further questions at anytime then do let us know. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending