The Student Room Group

Getting sent back to egypt/africa

What would you do if you were in my sitution

Im 13 living in the USA, My dad is one of those dads who are strict like really strict and also chill at the same time.
there has been lots of personal problems we have had since its only me him and my brother living in the US. my brother was born here I wasnt. whenever he gets mad at me he always pulls the "Im going to send you back to africa" card on me and he gets personal. he does this now so much that ion even hurt me no more I used to get hurt and cry but ion do dat no mo. Im a 7th grader and I can say that like Im known by hella people in my school and like Im very happy living here because of my friends and I dont know what to do because we just started aruging today for like the millions time dis week and he took my phone away and started calling his family complaning bout me and swearing on god he will send me back.

Help me plzzzz???????
Sounds like it’s his go-to threat. Unless he is physically making plans for a move he’s more than likely just bluffing.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Sounds like it’s his go-to threat. Unless he is physically making plans for a move he’s more than likely just bluffing.

na cuz like he is calling family members and stuff and i dont want him to be serious he always does this its like a weekly thing Im so tired of it
Original post by Anonymous
na cuz like he is calling family members and stuff and i dont want him to be serious he always does this its like a weekly thing Im so tired of it

Ultimately he’s poor at parenting and this is the only ‘stick’ he can waive to get you to do what he wants. It’s a common tactic used by African/Asian parents born out of frustration.

I’d ignore it and give him as little reason to take issue with you as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending