The Student Room Group

A-level biology

Hii,
I was wondering with a few months left to go until exams I was wondering whether anyone had any tips for exam technique, I’m okay with the content but I always lose marks because of something small, any tips really appreciated x
Original post by reneee603
Hii,
I was wondering with a few months left to go until exams I was wondering whether anyone had any tips for exam technique, I’m okay with the content but I always lose marks because of something small, any tips really appreciated x

Hey I got an A* for bio and here are some tips:

Write everything down when you are unsure of the question (or in general). Once, I got a synapse question (3 marks) and wrote down everything I knew about it (about half a page). The key sentences that matched that of the mark scheme were found at the bottom of my answer. They won't mark you down for putting down extra points but will look through your answer to find the right points.

Do all the PPQs and know that the same questions will come up time and time again.

When all seems to fail, draw labeled diagrams.

Reply 2
Original post by Tulipbloom
Hey I got an A* for bio and here are some tips:

Write everything down when you are unsure of the question (or in general). Once, I got a synapse question (3 marks) and wrote down everything I knew about it (about half a page). The key sentences that matched that of the mark scheme were found at the bottom of my answer. They won't mark you down for putting down extra points but will look through your answer to find the right points.

Do all the PPQs and know that the same questions will come up time and time again.

When all seems to fail, draw labeled diagrams.

that's amazing!! thank you soooo much!!

Quick Reply

Latest