The Student Room Group

2nd Sitting In Uni requirements meaning?

I hope to get into Strathclyde Uni. In the requirements it says "2nd sitting". What does this mean specifically for Scottish Students as we cannot retake exams. Are these exams that you achieve in S6?
Original post by Hdjxkebxkeoxb
I hope to get into Strathclyde Uni. In the requirements it says "2nd sitting". What does this mean specifically for Scottish Students as we cannot retake exams. Are these exams that you achieve in S6?

You're best asking Strathclyde this question directly (with a link to where you've seen this phrase).
Original post by Hdjxkebxkeoxb

Hello! Are you applying for entry in 2024? Which course are you applying for and what did you achieve in S5?

Some of our admissions teams split their requirements in to 1st and 2nd sitting. Your 1st sitting is usually your S5 grades (the first time you sit Highers). If you achieve what we've asked for in the 1st sitting then we'd be able to consider you for an unconditional offer. If you don't meet what we're looking for in S5 - the 2nd sitting entry requirements are what we'd look for in total by the end of S6.

Please note that even if you meet the 1st sitting entry requirements - an offer of study isn't guaranteed. Admissions can be very competitive so it's worth bearing that in mind.

Happy to chat to you about your choices if you want to reply here, or drop me a PM if you'd prefer 🙂

Caitlin 🎓️
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending