The Student Room Group

Do all applications submitted before 31st Jan have equal consideration?

I am yet to complete my UCAS application but some are already hearing back from unis. Will I still have an equal chance?
Yes except for course that had an October deadline.

Most universities dont reach the numbers for their courses and tend to make offers to everyone who meets their entry standards. The main rejections tend to be for not having appropriate subjects or not meeting GCSE subject requirements.

There are just over 1/2 dozen universities who will fill their places and some who will fill specific courses. For these they might not make offers before the deadline to ensure they meet the equal consideration deadline.

Universities have guaranteed ucas that all applications received before the deadline will get equal consideration and ensure that is the case.
Hi @Nikhita19 ,

The UCAS deadline of the 31st January is for equal consideration so if submitted by that date then the answer would be yes. However, it's worth noting that institutions will then have until the 16th May to respond to applications submitted by that date.

We would always suggest submitting your application at the earliest you can, especially depending on the course/subject as some may be more competitive and in high demand than others.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and good luck with the rest of your application!

All the best,
Rachel
LSBU Team
Original post by LSBU
Hi @Nikhita19 ,

The UCAS deadline of the 31st January is for equal consideration so if submitted by that date then the answer would be yes. However, it's worth noting that institutions will then have until the 16th May to respond to applications submitted by that date.

We would always suggest submitting your application at the earliest you can, especially depending on the course/subject as some may be more competitive and in high demand than others.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and good luck with the rest of your application!

All the best,
Rachel
LSBU Team

Oh dear Rachel

I’m sure you didn’t mean to imply that LSBU gives any preference based on application date to on time applications just because a course is “competitive and in high demand”

I’m sure you know from your training that over 90% of applicants have no control over when their centres will submit their applications to UCAS and so implying that they should apply earlier to gain an advantage would be against UCAS business rules as well as counter-productive.
Original post by PQ
Oh dear Rachel

I’m sure you didn’t mean to imply that LSBU gives any preference based on application date to on time applications just because a course is “competitive and in high demand”

I’m sure you know from your training that over 90% of applicants have no control over when their centres will submit their applications to UCAS and so implying that they should apply earlier to gain an advantage would be against UCAS business rules as well as counter-productive.

Tried to rep this but apparently I've repped you too often, so I wasn't allowed! Please somebody else do this for me!
Well er, lets hope they were alluding to the fact that responses might be slower as more applications were received.

Hopefully.
Hey @PQ

In this particular case, OP suggested they hadn't finished their application yet and seemed concerned that some were already getting responses - therefore giving them a timeline on when they need to submit and the deadlines for institutions to respond, that's all :smile:

All the best,
Rachel
LSBU Team
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending