The Student Room Group

A-levels at 20 yr old

Hello.

My sister is currently in another country but will be coming here in the UK. Is it possible for her to do A-levels at 20 year old? If so, what colleges can she apply at?
Reply 1
Original post by starshapedtears
Hello.

My sister is currently in another country but will be coming here in the UK. Is it possible for her to do A-levels at 20 year old? If so, what colleges can she apply at?

Definitely possible, but you'll need to have a look around for adult(18+)-specific colleges: you can find them easily with a google search, most places have them :smile:. It's also worth considering, if she feels confident about the subjects she wants to take (some subjects are easier to do this, too) that she could always teach herself the courses, e.g. with the textbooks, and then take the exams at an exam centre.

Hope this helps! Best of luck :biggrin:
Original post by {Moss}
Definitely possible, but you'll need to have a look around for adult(18+)-specific colleges: you can find them easily with a google search, most places have them :smile:. It's also worth considering, if she feels confident about the subjects she wants to take (some subjects are easier to do this, too) that she could always teach herself the courses, e.g. with the textbooks, and then take the exams at an exam centre.

Hope this helps! Best of luck :biggrin:

thank you so muchh!!
Reply 3
thank you so muchh!!

No problem!
Reply 4
Hello.

Depending on which part of the UK she’s going to, it may be more difficult or more easy depending on the location. In parts of the North, it’s pretty hard to find a college that will accept mature students for A Levels - this never used to be the case, but recently, it’s become a lot harder! There are the odd colleges that do accept, but it’s hard to find them, at least around areas that I’m aware of and things I’ve heard from adults in my area that have attempted to look at studying A Levels. There seems to be more access to Access to Higher Education courses for adults - depending on if she’s wanting to go to uni and what subject/uni she’s wanting to go to, Access can be a good option anyway!
Original post by Belle7
Depending on which part of the UK she’s going to, it may be more difficult or more easy depending on the location. In parts of the North, it’s pretty hard to find a college that will accept mature students for A Levels - this never used to be the case, but recently, it’s become a lot harder! There are the odd colleges that do accept, but it’s hard to find them, at least around areas that I’m aware of and things I’ve heard from adults in my area that have attempted to look at studying A Levels. There seems to be more access to Access to Higher Education courses for adults - depending on if she’s wanting to go to uni and what subject/uni she’s wanting to go to, Access can be a good option anyway!

Thank you sm!! We're currently now looking at access to HE. i think it's a better route for her afterall. I appreciate it!!
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending