The Student Room Group

Appeal for Re-sit assignment

I am studying MSc in accounting and finance. I have cleared all module till 2nd semester except one fail with 3 marks. I made mistake that I did not approach my tutor before submitting. Due to that I failed twice. I need advice that should I do appeal for re sit because it depends on my future.
Original post by Vidhi thakkar
I am studying MSc in accounting and finance. I have cleared all module till 2nd semester except one fail with 3 marks. I made mistake that I did not approach my tutor before submitting. Due to that I failed twice. I need advice that should I do appeal for re sit because it depends on my future.

On what basis would you appeal ? You typically cannot challenge the mark itself as that is governed by academic judgment. You would need to make a case on either a procedural error (e.g. you were not given the expected time or the marks have been added up incorrectly) or try to make a case for mitigating circumstances, e.g. you were ill. That 2nd method however normally expects you to make a case _before_ the exam, retrospective cases are much harder to make.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending