The Student Room Group

Should I drop out?

Hello, I'm considering dropping out from my current university. I'm in my second year of my course, but I don't like the university as it is a crappy one, bad job prospects, bad environment and I believe I could get into a much better university with my grades . I haven't achieved any exceptional grades but I guess decent ones - I got AAB. Does anyone have any ideas or advice?
Reply 1
what course are you doing may i ask? is there something else that you are passionate about or is this course the only thing going for you
Reply 2
I'm doing International Business. In general, I'm interested in history, politics, economics, business.
Reply 3
Original post by Viko_
I'm doing International Business. In general, I'm interested in history, politics, economics, business.

hm i see well that does look like it lines up
i'd say consider all your possible options, why did you choose this degree in the first place
is it just the uni thats putting you off or is it the course
i would say try to pick apart what exactly is getting to you
maybe talk to your parents or a friend who knows your situation a bit better before making any rash decisions
but if in the end you do decide you want to drop out i would say go for it but you must have a plan in mind for what the next step will be or else this could end up pretty bad for you
i would say definitely do not make any decisions until you know exactly where you're going after
whatever you do tho im sure itll work out in the end
good luck man
Reply 4
Original post by mirror9
hm i see well that does look like it lines up
i'd say consider all your possible options, why did you choose this degree in the first place
is it just the uni thats putting you off or is it the course
i would say try to pick apart what exactly is getting to you
maybe talk to your parents or a friend who knows your situation a bit better before making any rash decisions
but if in the end you do decide you want to drop out i would say go for it but you must have a plan in mind for what the next step will be or else this could end up pretty bad for you
i would say definitely do not make any decisions until you know exactly where you're going after
whatever you do tho im sure itll work out in the end
good luck man

Thanks a lot !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending