The Student Room Group

Tescos employment structure

(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by wnbrn_
I currently work in tescos café mainly around 10 hours a week on the weekend. This is completely fine during college weeks however as it is now the summer break i want to work a lot more. The cafe i work has 12 people including me for front of house work, meaning the possibility of me getting overtime is very minimal. As such i am wondering if anybody knows if i am allowed to work temporarily in the main store. There’s multiple applications at the moment so i want to be quick. Don’t know if it’s wise to ask my manager so i was wondering if anyone on here would be able to help.

I would say that the best approach is to ask your Manager as they will be able to let you know if it's okay.
Reply 2
Original post by wnbrn_
I currently work in tescos café mainly around 10 hours a week on the weekend. This is completely fine during college weeks however as it is now the summer break i want to work a lot more. The cafe i work has 12 people including me for front of house work, meaning the possibility of me getting overtime is very minimal. As such i am wondering if anybody knows if i am allowed to work temporarily in the main store. There’s multiple applications at the moment so i want to be quick. Don’t know if it’s wise to ask my manager so i was wondering if anyone on here would be able to help.

Hi there

Great you liking your café job in Tesco and that you are wanting to work extra hours with them.

Like you said the cafe has a few staff that will probably also want to work extra hours there.

You'll have to apply for a position to work on the shop floor within Tesco as you'll not be getting a automatic position without going down the proper job application route.

Your manager at the store maybe able to pull rank for you when you have a interview as they already know you from the cafe.

So go ahead and look at what job vacancies available in your store okay and apply for them.
Make sure it won't clash with your current job in the cafe ok so don't ask for weekends if you are already working those. Apply for something between Monday and Friday with a day off in the week so that you are getting some your time. And when college starts back in September hand in your notice about two weeks prior of leaving the shop floor job and then continue with your café job at weekends unless you like it on the shop floor then you could ask for a transfer from the cafe to permanent shop floor position at weekends but you need to discuss it with your manager okay.

Team leader and stand in supervisor as required with Tesco.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending