The Student Room Group

Funding For SCITT Courses

Hello,
I am enrolled on a SCITT course which i had to defer due to recieving a very low amount of student finance. I come from a low income household and i ahve always recieved the fall maintance loan.

I tired talking to an SFE advisor at the time but didn't get much information. As you are on placement for your whole course and only at university one day a week, rather than at uni for about half of your course like a PGCE Course, I was wondeing if this changes the amount of funding you recieve? As you are in university for less time. Or did I just fill in my application inncorrectly?

I did state on my form that I was on unpaid placement each term but did specify that it wasn't a placemant year.

Thank you in advance for any feedback or anyone who can shed some light on this for me. I'd really love to do my teacher training but simply cant afford to do it on the minimum loan
Thanks
Original post by becks31
Hello,
I am enrolled on a SCITT course which i had to defer due to recieving a very low amount of student finance. I come from a low income household and i ahve always recieved the fall maintance loan.

I tired talking to an SFE advisor at the time but didn't get much information. As you are on placement for your whole course and only at university one day a week, rather than at uni for about half of your course like a PGCE Course, I was wondeing if this changes the amount of funding you recieve? As you are in university for less time. Or did I just fill in my application inncorrectly?

I did state on my form that I was on unpaid placement each term but did specify that it wasn't a placemant year.

Thank you in advance for any feedback or anyone who can shed some light on this for me. I'd really love to do my teacher training but simply cant afford to do it on the minimum loan
Thanks
Hi Becks,

It does sound like you've maybe indicated this incorrectly on the form. Are you able to contact us on 0300 100 0607 or via the live chat in your account (that opens at 9.am)? We'll then be able to look at your application and further assist with getting this resolved. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending