The Student Room Group

I did something stupid and now my friends hate me

Hi guys,
Today my whole friend group ditched me because of one friend in particular. We had a sleepover about two months ago where we got pretty drunk and I touched her boobs as a joke. I know this was so stupid of me and I regretted it the next day when I realised. After that she seemed fine with me so I presumed we were ok but now she’s told everyone that and they hate me. She also said that I was trying to get with my friend’s boyfriend when not only do we only talk about law but I also have a boyfriend that I love very much. The only evidence she has for this is that I accidentally had a nip slip on FaceTime with him and didn’t realise until he told me later on. I love my friends so much and I know I made a mistake, I just want some advice on how to deal with this
LMAO, is this a real story? sounds made up.
You've said you regretted it and you know it was stupid, but you haven't said that you apologised. If you haven't, you should, and you should apologise in particular to the girl that you touched. It's also certainly worth making it clear that you value her friendship, and the friendship of the group very much and that you feel awful that you've jeopardised that. Then, you wait to see what the response is. You can't fix something like this overnight. It takes time. So see how she responds, and take it from there, but don't force it.
Reply 3
Original post by Crazy Jamie
You've said you regretted it and you know it was stupid, but you haven't said that you apologised. If you haven't, you should, and you should apologise in particular to the girl that you touched. It's also certainly worth making it clear that you value her friendship, and the friendship of the group very much and that you feel awful that you've jeopardised that. Then, you wait to see what the response is. You can't fix something like this overnight. It takes time. So see how she responds, and take it from there, but don't force it.
Hi,
Yeah, I apologised multiple times and asked her what she would like me to do (leave the group, not talk to her, be chill etc etc) and she said was fine with me but then two of my ex-friends pulled me aside and told me that everyone hates me and they don’t wanna see me. I properly explain what happened from my perspective and she seemed fine with me but apparently not
Reply 4
Original post by almost_there
LMAO, is this a real story? sounds made up.
It is unfortunately a real story, college is wild for me atm 😭
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
Yeah, I apologised multiple times and asked her what she would like me to do (leave the group, not talk to her, be chill etc etc) and she said was fine with me but then two of my ex-friends pulled me aside and told me that everyone hates me and they don’t wanna see me. I properly explain what happened from my perspective and she seemed fine with me but apparently not

Ultimately you can't force people to be friends with you. If they want to simply end the friendship with you then that is their decision. But friendships ebb and flow, they end and are formed, and get stronger and weaker, all the time. It may be that given a bit of time their position on this will soften. It may be that the friend who said she was fine can speak to them about it, because it is a little odd that she's fine with it but they don't want to be friends with you anymore. But ultimately it is their choice. If they don't want to be friends with you anymore, you can't force them.
Reply 6
Uunfortunately the one who told me she was fine with me was the one to make everyone else dislike me. I wish she just would have been honest with me yk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending